CAMP RED ARROW
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION STATEMENT
This Page Is For All Applicants - Please Sign Below
"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. Take heed to yourselves ... " Luke 17:2-3a
I, the undersigned, as a volunteer/staff member Camp Red Arrow, a ministry of Children's Bible Ministries of Virginia, understand the following:
• Abuse is something that occurs in our society, unfortunately, even in Christian settings.
• I pledge to do everything in my power to prevent abuse. I further understand that I am prohibited from engaging in any form of abuse and will follow these policies to help prevent abuse and/or accusations:
1. At no time will I be alone with a child where I cannot be observed by others.
2. I will provide good supervision and never leave any child unsupervised.
3. I will be alert to the physical and emotional state of each child in my cabin and report any signs of injury or suspected abuse.
4. I will make sure that children never enter the restroom alone.
5. I will not touch, tease, or otherwise make any child feel uncomfortable.
6. I will never discipline a child by use of physical punishment such as spanking or depriving of a meal.
7. I will not socialize with campers outside of the CBM program unless invited by parents to public gatherings/events such as church.
8. I will not socialize with children by sleepovers, dating, etc.
9. I will not transport children in my own vehicle.
10. I will be a positive role model for the children and a reputable representative of the Lord Jesus, Camp Red Arrow, and CBM of Virginia, Inc.
• I am aware of the potential for child abuse, the importance of guarding against it, the signs of abuse, and the proper reporting procedures if a situation arises.
• I understand that reporting suspicious behavior is everybody's responsibility and that I will be held accountable to do so.
• CBM of Virginia is serious about doing everything it can to prevent abuse of any kind - including physical, verbal, sexual, and mental abuses, and neglect.
• CBM of Virginia reports all cases of suspected abuse to the appropriate authorities and cooperates fully and in good faith with any investigations.
• In case there is an accusation of abuse, I am not able to discuss the issue. Only the designated CBM of Virginia spokesperson has the authority to do so.